LiveStream with Ja'

Watch live streaming video from theonlyja at livestream.com

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Delirious and sleepy

So I am finally buckling down and writing my blog… I have a business blog Which I have been neglecting too and now this one which will encompass my personal rants and raves. I often find it difficult to sit down and write a blog and not because I don’t like to write (Lord knows I have plenty to talk about) but because I don’t know what to write about.

So I started a fire (in the fireplace of course), turned on my laptop, plopped my son in front of his Xbox (so he would not interrupt me and I could avoid the incessant questions but that back fired on me because now I get the excited jubilance of a 12 yr telling me blow by blow how he knocked out an opponent and won a virtual Muhammad Ali trophy – UGH! Something like that! I am really not into video games)*yawn* uh wait I digress… and lounged on the couch and began scribing.

So Friday morning I went to Roanoke, VA with a friend of mine to drop his sister and her three children off (that in itself was an adventure BOY let me tell you!) so that they could spend Christmas break with their Aunt (his sister) and grandmother (his mother). Well we left at 4AM and did not arrive until 10PM. But before I tell you why let me start from the beginning. Friday afternoon I could not find which rental company I booked because I failed to right down the confirmation number when I went online to book it (I could have swore they sent me an email confirmation) and did I mention the day prior that I was told that we were not staying overnight so I canceled my reservation for Country Inn and Suites ($47.50/night). So I get to the airport and proceed to go to each and every counter to see if the reservation was with them (Crazy huh?) – I never located it so I ended up getting a rental from Thrifty, a town and country for about $53 a day plus $89 for insurance and $43 in taxes – I talked him down to $34 dollars a day.  A total of $201 – WHAT!?!?! Can I just interject here and let you know my original rental online was $23.75/day for a Dodge Caliber – I’m so sick!

So we get on the road and head towards Roanoke… everything was going without a hitch until we hit I-81 – the traffic was stop and go intermittently for 8 hours (I am subtracting the 8 times we stop because of the bathroom breaks – so what was supposed to be a 7 hour drive took 18 hours. Now remember I told you that I cancelled my reservation at Country Inn and Suites – what did I do that for? So me in my infinite wisdom called the hotel back up to reinstate my reservation but they would not honor the travel agent rate that I was quoted initially because they had been inundated with other travelers that had been caught on I-81 ( how greedy and opportunistic UGH!)

Well I look at this adventure this way; I got a chance to see and feel snow – something I very rarely do in “A”, I made it safely to my destination and I got chance to have an adventure I could share with you.


















 Posted via email from The Only Ja

No comments:

Post a Comment